There are various symptoms of breast cancer that you need to keep track of. (Source: File Photo)
A deadly disease, breast cancer develops from breast tissue and is known to affect 1 in 8 women during their lives. What’s frightening is that no concrete reason has been found for it to occur. Even if no one in your family had breast cancer, it doesn’t mean that you would never be affected by it. There are various symptoms and things you need to know so as to keep yourself informed before it touches you or any one you know.
* Breast cancer is a disease of malfunctioning genes, that is, the cells inside our body tend to become cancerous because of flaw in their genes. If you feel anything solid and unmovable, then it is a thing of concern. Before it grows big, consult a doctor.
* A lump formed in the breast isn’t the only symptom. But yes, it is one of the most common sign. However, there are other hints such as continuous itching, swelling and nipple discharge. Any unusual change in your breasts can turn out to be a symptom. If the problem persists even after a couple of weeks or so, check with your doctor.
* If you are into alcohol, limit your intake and heavy boozing can boost breast cancer. Maintain a healthy body. It will reduce the risk of breast cancer but any kind of disease.
* Exercise or staying fit is a great way to lower the risk of breast cancer. Running and bicycling decreases its risk among young women. Even less intense exercises such as walking has been proved to lower the risk.
* It is a huge misconception that only women can have breast cancer. Men can have it too. Although, it majorly occurs in females, but if it exists in the family history or genes, then men should be cautious too.
© IE Online Media Services Pvt Ltd